Saturday, October 16, 2010

Good Lil' Homemaker

Yep, that is what you could call me!!  Lately I have been staying busy trying to be a
"Good lil Homemaker".
I have been busy canning and making jam.

My Brother in Law, Bryce (jc's hubs), is a NEW MEXICAN!!!
So, he has access to some yummy chile.
Jaci and him went to his hometown 2 weeks back and brought enough chile to last a year.
So, instead of filling up my freezer full of chile and nothing else, I decided to can it.

We ended up with about 65 jars of Green chile!!
WOHOO!!! 
BRADEN had a HUGE smile on his face when he saw this!! (he loves this stuff!)


Don't judge....I had been in the kitchen ALL day :)


Then my dear sweet Sis-in-law Kiley (jimmy's wifey!) has a neighbor who usually lets their pomegrantes go to waste every year.
Well, Kiley was sick of watching it happen so she sent her girlies (cam & kels) over to ask if she could take some of them off their hands, since they didn't seem to use em.
The neighbors said yes.
So, Kiley got to work de-seeding (or whatever you call it) and got us some pomegrante juice.

I had never made it before, but boy is it YUMMY!!
I figured that the seed-thingys were sweet so I am sure the juice would be the same.

Well....its NOT!!!
I took a swig and boy was my face SOUR!!
I am not quite sure why that is...but WHATEVE!!

Anywho, I made some Jelly and its DELISH!!!





These pics are after the first batch.  I ended up with about 16 jars!

4 comments:

BiggsFamily said...

WOW you have been busy!! Good for you!! I would have NO clue how to do any of those things!! What a great mom you are!!

payneful life said...

Yummy. That chile was frickin delish. BJ and I kept saying I want to eat the smell! I want some of that jelly!

Andy and Michele said...

Oh, I am so jealous! I usually can chilies too, but this year I had other things going on. I still want some to freeze though. You jam looks great - yummy! Way to go!

The Richards said...

Looks awesome..to tel you the truth i never even thought about canning chilis? i always just freeze them! And the jam i would love to find out how you did that i have some that are going bad! And your kids picture is too cute before church i cant get over that your baby is crawling already!

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Search & Win