this is my really sick baby....this pic doesn't even do it justice.
On Thursday, December 16th, I was woken up to the sound of my baby throwing up in her crib!
Yucky and poor baby.
So, I rush out of bed and grab her and race to the bathroom.
She finishes and I calm her down enough to lay down with her on my chest.
Well no sooner had we laid down and she was at it again :(
Poor girl.
Then I noticed that she was on FIRE.
Can't find my thermometer, but I know it was high.
The vomiting continues
ALL. NIGHT. LONG.
To say the least it was rough on her (and me!)
I finally got her calmed down enough to sleep on my chest for about an hour.
Then Braden being the awesome hubby that he is he took her for a little while so I could get some sleep. I don't think I really slept out of worry for Kinz.
She kept this throwing up and fever thing going on for the next couple of days.
Anytime and I mean ANYTIME she ate or drank, up it would come.
Can you say dehydrated...umm ya.
So, I had had enough of this crap and head to the doctor, thinking ok they are going to take one look at her and admit us. She was as thin as a rail, dehdryated, pale and listless.
She wouldn't even crawl, wouldn't move and barely cried.
SCARY!
Of course we get to the dr. and its a new surrounding and she perks up a little.
Ok this is good, I am happy she is alert, but she is still not to active.
The doc looks at her and says she looks ok, but he is a little concerned about her weight.
15 lbs. 3 oz.
NOT EVEN ON THE CHARTS!!!
I was like ya, ummm she isn't eating or drinking...duh!
HE was like, go home and try to keep pedialite down her and I want to see you in 2 days.
OOOK!
She has no tears, you fool, she won't eat, but we will go home!
I was glad we didn't have to go get fluids but I was still really worried.
The vomiting and now diarreah continues......but she is starting to act herself more and more each day.
Blessing time- why we hadn't done it sooner...I don't know ( I wish we had though!)
2 days later, back at the dr's. office
new weight check.......
14 lbs. 12 oz
This can't be happening! I could believe it though. I was almost afraid to pick her up sometimes. Her arms were nothing but skin and bones...it freaked me out.
Dr. walks in and was like I think I am going to admit her!
She is still losing...this isn't goood....no duh!
But he sees her happy and trying to crawl on the table and was like WHAT?!?!
She doesn't look that sick.
So, we discuss a few things and he thinks she has the
ROTAVIRUS.
He says that its been almost a week now and it usually takes 7-10 days to run its course and so we were on the tail end of it....THANK HEAVENS!
He prescribed an ACID REFLUX medicine to see if that would help calm down all the acid in her tummy so she would stop throwing up.
Thankfully it did.
After her first dose, the throwing up ended.
It still took us a little while to gain her appetite back and to start some weight gain( i was adding an extra scoop of formula for every 2 onces for her extra calories), but we are getting there...FINALLY!!!
I am just thankful that she is better and back to my spunky girl!
She is just over 16 lbs now, so we are about in the 3rd percentile, but hey at least we are on the charts!!
(this is for journaling purposes, so if you made it to the end after all that good job!! he, he!!)




5 comments:
Oh, the poor girl. That is sooo scary to watch her loose weight like that. I'm glad she's feeling better.
Poor baby Kinzlee...makes me sad. I had never heard of the Roavirus until my pediatrician in Tucson recomend Payton get the vaccine for it. And til now I haven't heard of anyone getting it. But Addi didn't get that vaccine, cause it wasn't out yet. Did the Doc say it is going around? I'm glad she's doing better. You poor mama! I'm totally taking you to dinner and a movie once Dusty's off work again!!!!
yes, and you forgot to mention the oils! I'm so glad she's better. get that scrawny girl chunky again!
Oh my goodness! Poor baby. I hope she continues to get better!!
Wow, thats really scary. Sometimes doctors make me so mad! You know your child and know when something isn't right! BUT, Im glad she is getting better.
p.s. we are moving back to Eden and we're going to be in your ward again! I'm so excited for our girlies to be friiiiiends!
Post a Comment