Thursday, September 18, 2008

FINISHED FINALLY

Yesterday was a great day!!! Jaci and I finally finished canning all of the meat that we had bought. After Monday, I didn't know if I was up to any more canning, but with Jaci's help it went alot smoother. When the last jar went POP yesterday it was an awesome feeling. We ended up bottling about 96 pints of meat and chicken. So, I guess you could say we are stocked up for a little while. It feels so great to have a little more for our food storage supply. Today, I am going to just chill:) Then tomorrow I am headed off to Mesa. My sisters and I have a little GIRLS DAY planned for saturday, while the HUBBIES watch the KIDDOS for a couple of hours. I am VERY EXCITED!!! I think we are all in need of a little FUN.

7 comments:

payneful life said...

Totally! Had super fun doing it though! Especially the ICE CREAM stops we had. ;) Can't wait for the weekend!

Audra said...

I have never heard of canning meat. Happy to hear you are done. Have fun this weekend and thanks for the positive comments. I hope the stuff is useful.

Summers Family said...

A girls day sounds Awesome! I think my sisters should go for one of those! Some day you will have to teach me how to can things! haha!

lofgreenlegacy said...

Canning does not sound like fun but doing it with a sister does. Have fun in Mesa! Go spend lots of money!

Melissa said...

Oh canning. Love it and dred it all at the same time. I just ordered a bunch of tomatoes so I can make some salsa. YUM> Canned meat is so great when it comes to fixing dinner fast! And it doesn't take up all your freezer room!

mandee said...

wow sounds like alot of work....good for you!!!! :) Have fun on the girls day in mesa mommy needs a girls day once in a while lol!!! Have fun!

Reeds said...

WoW! What a homemaker! Canning meat sounds brilliant. Canning kind of scares me. =) One of these days I'll have to try it. But I think I'll start with something simple-if there is such a thing.

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Search & Win