Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Bye, Bye Cast

Yesterday, Britt got his CAST OFF!!! YAY!! It was kinda funny. He was really excited to get it off, but when the lady sat him down and turned on the saw to cut it off, he freaked out. He got this shear look of terror on his face and almost started crying. I grabbed his hand and told him it was gonna be ok. Then the nurse said it won't cut you it isn't even sharp, look at mommy touch it. I was like you have got to be crazy, I ain't touching it. She grabs my hand and I am freaking out myself, thinking great now she is going to cut my finger off!! I touched the blade and it wasn't sharp at all, THANK HEAVENS.

That kinda helped Britt calm down. She started sawing away and off came the cast. I wasn't surprised when she pulled it off, how dirty it was or the fact that there was a few little rocks in it. They re-x-rayed it and said that it was healing nicely and both breaks looked good and see ya later!!

Britt was afraid to move his hand at first and I reminded him that he needed to move it so it wouldn't be so sore. He is doing better with it today. Except I had him give me a high five, and he was like ouch mommy that is my broken arm. I started laughing, and told him that it isn't broken anymore, so he can't use that as an excuse for not doing something. Crazy little boy.

Oh ya, I was also surprised that his cast never really stunk. I had heard that they can stink really bad, I thought his would since he is outside and dirty constantly, but amazingly NO STINKY CAST!!! AWESOME. I just hope that this isn't that start of him being an accident prone little boy. Oh well, what can I do right??

6 comments:

Windsor World said...

That's to funny about you being scared!! I'm glad to hear that everything is good with Britts arm!! I guess I'm pretty lucky I haven't had to deal with any broken bones yet!! Hopefully it won't happen too often with Britt :).. and your lucky it didn't stink :) PS: I loved your Halloween costume and the kids were just adorable..I just couldn't figure out what Braden was!! JK

Margo said...

I remember getting the cast off my leg and it being SO hairy and WAY skinny. Maybe I can put a cast on my whole body......

payneful life said...

Boy oh Boy! That child is quite entertaining! I love how he "Can't" get in the basket at walmart and I HAD TO PUT HIM IN! Gotta love him.

BLACKBURNS said...

So I have been trying to comment on your blogs for a week now..haha, everytime I write something it ends up not going through...I try again and try to remember what I wrote, but end up with nothing. Then I have to type in words for verification like flowjax, nexpfolax,and asldfkjsdlfkj. Here is a summary...how are you guys, kiddos are getting big, glad we can keep in touch :D here goes nothing......

lofgreenlegacy said...

That's so good he got his cast off. And really cool that it was stinky. I have heard that before too. He's too cute!

The Richards said...

yeah...isnt that a great day when they can move again! Ya the lady did that to me too, here touch this saw it wont hurt, i was like you are kidding right! I am sure my look said it all!

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Search & Win