Britt's bird Mario, that he got for his 2nd birthday from G & G Hawkins flew away last week.
In the beginning.... Britt was super scared of him!!!

Then he started warming up to him. Letting him land on his shoulder

Then they became buddies. He loved his bird.

Me, I didn't mind the bird. I just hated cleaning up his messes. Every day, I was constantly sweeping away his bird food that he dropped on the kitchen floor. Cleaning his cage, cleaning his dropping from my couches, my computer desk, he ate the buttons on the remote, he ate the little scroll button on the mouse (old one) and my brand new one!!! Yea, I guess you could say there were days that I didn't love him!!!
I would joke, that I wish someone would open the door and he would fly away.
Well my joke came true, last week. My mom and I were walking outside and here comes Mario!! I try to shut the door, but he was too fast. AWAY HE FLEW!! I thought he might fly around for a little while and then come back. But, nope. He was enjoying spreading his wings. He flew around for about 5 minutes to were we could see him and then in a flash... he was gone.
I was sad then. So was Britt. He kept going outside whistling for him. But, mario was GONE!!
At least he got to experience the great outdoors.

FLY AWAY MARIO....FLY AWAY!!!
THERE IS A 3 YEAR OLD WHO WILL ALWAYS HOLD A SPECIAL PLACE FOR YOU!!
WE WILL MISS YOU!!!




1 comment:
Oh my gosh, how sad. I would NEVER want a bird, but poor Britt. I hope Mario finds a good home!
Post a Comment