Friday, February 13, 2009

we did it!!!


Brandi, my awesome big sister, made a goal to run a 10K race last year. Well, she decided that her younger sisters needed to join her. So, we agreed since it was for a good cause.
The ugly C word.
Cancer.

So RUNNING we went.


10K= 6.25 miles=CRAZY!!!!



Ok, we can do this.


We were doing awesome.






1 mile.












2 mile.












3 mile.









then the holidays came.



then no miles.





Yeah, we thought ok we have to do this. Well, time flew by and still no more running (at least for me and JC, BJ and Les were still running and getting into shape!)


About a week before the race, we decided that we would do the 2 mile instead of the 10K. Ok, now that is something that we can accomplish!!! (JC found out she was preggo and so that helped in our decision)

So, a running we went....again!!!



Then came the Big day of the Race.



Thanks SALADMASTER for the shirts.



Off, we went.


BJ and Les took off on the 10K first. Good luck girls!!!


Then, the 2 mile.




We did it!!!!



Good Job Brandi...you did it!!!



Way to go Lolly!!!
It was an awesome day. There was such a good feeling after running. Knowing that we were running for a good cause, hearing the stories of the families of the children and seeing their pictures made it all worth it.
I think we might have started a tradition here!!!
To check out info on next years run www.londonsrun.org

4 comments:

Standage Klan said...

Who said anything creating a tradition??!! Just kidding. It was a lot of fun. I think next year would be great to do the 2 mile for me! We'll have to see. It was a lot fun and memories made for sure!

Amy Allred said...

You go girl!! That looks like you had a blast. I bet you feel so accomplished!

Summers Family said...

Wow! I am impressed! I don't think... wait, I know, I couldn't run even 1 mile if it were to save my life! Maybe I will have to get in shape and try it out some time... LOL!

Melissa said...

Awesome! Running 2 miles is a big thing. I used to run CC in jr high, and when Winslow decided he was going to make a goal to run a marathon I thought, hey I can run a half marathon, why not. Yeah, okay, so Right now, I can only run 2 minutes at a time. I run two walk one. It's pathetic I know, but hey, you can only go up from the bottom! So I am so proud of you. That's awesome.

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Search & Win