Last week Braden and I took a little Romantic Getaway to
SAN DIEGO!!!
We were gone 5 days, without KIDS!!!
It was AMAZING. I seriously suggest that everyone do this. It is a definate MUST, for any marriage.
We left Thursday when Braden got home from work and dropped the kids off at his parents house. Scott and Carolynn were kind enough to watch them thursday night and Friday night. Then my mom had them Saturday, Sunday and Monday. This was the first time that I have left Karlee, so when it came time to make our getaway without them seeing us leave I started getting a little sad. But I got over that really quick:)
Our flight was at 8 the next morning so we stayed at Brandi's house(who is in Hawaii, lucky!!) that night and got up at about 5:30 to make it to the airport by a little after 6.
Aren't airports fun??? I just love all the little rules that they have. For instance, you can only have 3 ounces of liquid on your carry-on luggage. Yep, I didn't know that one:) I had already checked my main luggage and was taking a carry-on bag with my make-up, hairspray, perfume and etc. So we get to security and I am like you have got to be kidding me!?!?!?!?!?!?!? They were like you can either throw it away or go and check your back. Are you kidding me. Yeah, don't think I will be throwin my $60 perfume away...sorry!!!! UGHHHHHHH!!! Was all I could say. So, we had to go back downstairs and check my other little bag in. Then go back through security. It was a little frustrating....but we survived:)
Then we waited for a little while and got on the flight. It is only about a 45 minute flight from PHX to San Diego so it was pretty short. The flight had sooo much turbulance they didn't even serve us drinks because the pilot wanted the flight attendents seated with their selt belts on. I was like ohhh great:) But we made it safe and sound. Thank Heavens!
As we were leaving the Airport to find our rental car it was a little chilly, but oh soo nice. We got our car. Then headed to our Hotel. Where we relaxed for a little while. I was dying to go to the beach. It was a little rainy but to bad. We walked along the beach and chilled the rest of the day.
The rest of our trip, for the most part was spent at the beach relaxing. We would go out for a little while then go shopping or sight-seeing and then head back to the beach. It was really nice no KIDS, no SCHEDULES, just the 2 of us!!
The water was a little CHILLY!!
My Sexy Hubby:)
Then decided to go check out the San Diego Temple. I wish we would have planned to go and do a session. They say the inside is beautiful. I can only imagine, because the outside is GORGEOUS.
This pic is one of my FAVES!!!
On Saturday night, we went for a Boat ride across the bay. Our hotels has a boat that they run on the weekends. So we went. It was FUN!!
We walked down to the beach after we got off the boat and there was these 2 guys doing a show with Fire. Pretty COOL. There was a HUGE crowd watching.
Sunday we spent all day at the beach. It was so much fun. The waves were pretty strong and Braden had a blast playing in them.
Nice Farmers tan Babe
The only COWBOY on the beach:)
Braden exploring....
he found a crab.
My pretty toes....thanks PJ :)
We flew home Monday afternoon and had to come back to reality and the heat.
We had such a FUN and AMAZING time. Thanks to everyone for keeping our kids. We really do APPRECIATE it.
We also celebrated our 7th Anniversary.
Thank you Braden for being such an awesome, sweet, caring and amazing husband. I loved every minute with you.






























7 comments:
Sounds like fun. We honeymooned in San Diego and the temple is beautiful inside.
Yay for vacations! We are leaving on one tomorrow. The first -real- one since we have had kids. (Well, we left Reilly for 2 nights when he was 8 months, but other than that...) Disneyland, here we come! :)
Wow! Sounds like a lot of fun! I love Braden's shirt... Go TEXAS!!! LOL! I'm glad you guys had fun...see you tomorrow!
I could so use one of those "no kids" vacation! Happy 7th! We hit ours in December. Crazy how time flies! Those pics of you two are beautiful. How fun!
Great pics! What a fun trip! Glad you guys got to get away. It was so nice to see you in Pima on Sunday!
That's great that you guys did that. We went to Reno a month ago for 3 day without the kids and it was great! Turns out kids DO survive without you!
Oh my gosh KT...I am so stinkin' jealous. It looks like you and Braden had and awesome time! You guys have beautiful eyes by the way... Oh and your very welcome for the pedi. Haha! We need to get together soon. I miss you a whole bunch.
xoxo-PJ
Post a Comment