Friday, January 14, 2011

unfortunate events...

WELP! my camera is broken!  Yep, the culprit is still unknown, but for some odd reason it was found outside in the arena (THANKS MOM!) in a barrell that Britt and Karlee had both been playing in.  They were being bull-fighters one night while we were outside roping.  But, the strange thing is that I NEVER saw them have my camera?

I have asked both of them and neither of them have CONFESSED!

So, I guess that means that I am going to be getting my DSLR camera sooner then I planned....oh DARN, I am sad, can you tell :)

The one thing that I am sad about is my sd card.  I am hoping that it didn't get trashed along with the camera.  WE shall see.

So, for all you photog people out there which camera.....

The CANON EOS REBEL or the NIKON 700 (i think that is which one I was looking at!)

Any help in that department would be greatly appreciated.

Until I get a new camera....there won't be any new posts with pictures....dang kids!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie I have a Nikon, it isn't that one but it is a nikon, and I hate it! it has never taken good pictures EVER! so next time I get a camera I will stay clear of that brand. but I hope you get one that you love!

payneful life said...

Darn I hate when that happens.

You should know that neither kid is going to confess. like when i ask b if she did something she says 'what mom'. stinkin kids.

well just get the really, really expensive one. it's gotta be good if it costs a boat load. :)

Collin and Hannah said...

I had a Nikon when I started out and never really liked it. I upgraded to a Canon and love it. It is alot more user friendly and takes great pictures. I have looked at the Nikon D700 and its supposed to be a great camera, but personally I don't think I'll ever go back to Nikon.

Clint and Tiffany said...

Nikon takes VERY saturated pictures {meaning they have too much color, which you then have to tone down for the images to look normal}, and Canon's images are more true to life. However, they aren't as vibrant unless you add a little contrast in. When I was first looking into a DSLR I saw a commercial during the Super Bowl and it said that Canon's were the official camera of the NFL. It's dumb but I thought, "if it's good enough for the NFL, it's good enough for Tiffany!!" Haha I would definitely go with a Canon, but be sure to get one with HD video so you don't end up wanting to upgrade before you need to. Also, I would look into getting an EF 50mm f/1.8 lens. It's a fixed width lens {can't be zoomed in or out} and takes MUCH nicer pictures than the 18-55mm lens the camera comes with. It's around $100 on ebay and worth every penny. Hope that helped! Good luck!!!

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Search & Win