ANYWAYS, back to my point! She did a post recently about how sometimes we only "paint the pretty pictures of our life". (I hope you don't mind me talking about you, Mariann!!)
Here is what she said "The last several months have had me thinking about our blog. How much I want to share, what direction to take it. Sometimes I love looking at blogs where they talk about every little detail and then sometimes I just want to see pictures. Anybody do the same? I know I've been guilty of skimming the words and just looking at the pictures... I hope I'm not alone in this.
I'm also waaaay guilty of painting a pretty picture. I mean, our life is around 80% perfect...a really good percentage in my opinion. But I'm definitely guilty of just putting the good stuff in. I'm sick of just documenting the really "perfect" things. "
THANKS FOR THE REMINDER MARIANN -
I sooo needed it!!
I know I do this A-LOT! I get behind and then I go through my pictures and post cute little stories about the kids and our happenings.
This is MY journal.
I don't scrapbook or anything, this is IT. At the end of the year I print out my blog in a book and if I only put in the good stuff, I am missing out on alot of our memories and history of our family.
So, I am making it my goal (I know I always say I'm going to catch up!) to be a little more "REAL"!!
Do any of you feel this way? Do you feel you only post about the good stuff?






5 comments:
I know I have blogged about rough times before, but I usually try to concentrate on the positive things mostly. I find that I am able to notice the positive things more when I am looking for them. It's true that NONE of us have good days all the time, or do wholesome, exciting things with our kids every day. My poor kids get ignored a lot of the time, but they really do play well together, so I try to encourage that so I have time to do my things. Just to keep from going crazy, you know?
if keepin it real includes blogging about the old bat that yells at me at the store or kids drawing on every surface in the house--then I think I got that covered.
I sugar coat life too. I don't want to air out my dirty laundry, but it seems when I talk about everyday crummy stuff people comment way more! crazy. I guess everyone is on the same page in that sense.
thanks for the motivation. you are oozing with it lately. go you!
hmmm, that is a good reminder. I agree with her - life is pretty good around here and I like to highlight that stuff, but it's the hard times that shape us, so we definately can't leave that part out. thx Katie, I needed that!
Wahoo! Thank goodness! Glad you've jumped on the wagon.
That is so awesome!!! Here's to living every moment of every day! THX!!
Post a Comment