It's over!!! I am sad but happy at the same time. Our season for JV and Freshman has came to an end. We had a very successful season. I am really pleased with our progress from start to finish.
In the Beginning:
I had some really big doubts at the start of the season for my freshman. I remember I thought the same thing last year too. But it is hard when they come from 8th grade and don't really know any of the basic fundamentals. I wasn't as worried about my sophmores because I had coached them last year. WE had a really awesome camp the week before practice offically started and it helped me as a coach and the girls a ton. I thought I think we will do ok...but I didn't have any real high hopes. I know that sounds bad but man if you could have seen them you would understand.
During the Season:
We practiced every day that we didn't have a game and we worked on fundamentals every single day no matter what. Sometimes I would get sick of doing the same drills over and over but I knew constintancy was key. Then the season started full swing with game after game. I kept being amazed with win after win. I thought man we just might have a successful season after all!!!
In The End:
I have to say that I am extremely proud of all my girls. Every single one of them improved so much. I don't know if it was me as their coach!!!! Or what it was but man what a difference 3 months make. The Freshman had 5 games and won 4 of them. The freshman played on JV too so they had more then just 5 games for the whole season. The JV had 12 games and won 11 of them!!! I must say it does make your time worth while to see the change in the girls. I will be sad not to coach next year but I know that they are only going to get better.
Now varsity is on their way to state next week and I am so excited they have done so awesome. We are second in our region and have a great chance for going all the way. I am a little partial to one of the players on varsity. #1 is my little sister Leseli so I have really high hopes for them. I will keep you posted on how it turns out.
P.S. I had a picture of my JV team that I was going to put up but for some reason everytime I try to upload it the page keeps saying image cannot be displayed. So for now there is no picture. I will try again Later when I am not so DANG FRUSTRATED!!!




1 comment:
Well we will have to figure out the whole picture thing. I wonder why it's not working?
Sounds like you had a great season. Believe me you will be plenty busy enough when that baby comes next year and you won't feel like you want to coach!
I can't wait to see the team does at state!
Love,
BJ
Post a Comment