Saturday, March 22, 2008

Time to take a Break

I know it has been quite a long time since I have posted anything. But.....like usual I have had five different projects going on at the same time. I finally finished Britt's cowboy room, the baby's room and my room. I know kinda crazy trying to take on all of these rooms at the same time. I just wanted to have everything done and in order before the baby comes.





I know one thing for sure is that I couldn't have done any of this without my mom's help. She is so awesome and amazing. I don't know what I would do without her. She was truly a carpenter, decorator, painter, designer and anything else you could imagine. She made Britt's bookshelf , cornice(window valance its made out of wood), headboard, pillow, bedskirt, comforter, and helped me sew the curtains. His room turned out really cute. I owe her a big THANK YOU!!! My little sisters Jaci and Leseli helped out to whenever they were available. So I owe them a thank you too. They made sure that I remembered that I was pregnant and wouldn't let me do any lifting or moving things around. I got frustrated sometimes because I felt like an invalid. But I am grateful that they care about me and my little one enough to help me out so dang much. So thank you guys and I love ya tons!!!


Britt's Curtains and Cornice




Headboard and comforter


His bedskirt and fringe on the edge of his comforter


Britt's bookshelf that my mom made:)

He loves his new room and stays in there to play now instead of dragging all the toys everywhere.


Britt is on this Toy Story spell right now. We probably watch the movie at least 2 times a day it seems like. He is constantly saying "to infinity and beyond" and "reach for the sky". It is really cute. We are also in the process of potty training. It was a little frustrating at first. But now I feel like he is starting to get the hang of it a little better. I am not hoping for a miracle, but I would like him to be mostly trained by the time the baby comes in 5 weeks. I think peeing won't be the problem, now the #2 is the challenge. So if anyone has any suggestions I am totally up for them.

I will take some pictures of my bedroom and the babies room sometime soon and post them. We finished with my room just in time because starting Tuesday night I have been sicker then a dog...again. I know, it sucks. I have had a fever, the chills, a really sore throat and and yucky mucus. I feel like that my immune system is so much weaker right now with me being pregnant. But I am finally starting to feel a little better and taking it easy right now.

Braden was in BlackRiver or Point of Pines (whatever you call it) from Wednesday till yesterday evening. He was up there fixing some down power lines for the mine. It was not good timing for him to be gone because I was so sick, so it was nice to have him home. But I guess that is how life goes right??

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

His room turned out so cute. You guys are awesome. Can't wait till I can do my boys rooms. Well my whole house. Hope you have a great easter weekened. Maybe I'll see you around in Pima. I'm coming down today and I'll be there till Monday. See ya

Summers Family said...

Sooo... Are you going to name her Karlee Jane? That is so what I wanted to name Rachel... Andy hated it though... only because I was going to use it after his mom Janet... just without the t. Anyway... I guess we will just have to plan some time to be at church at the same time... about 10 minutes before it starts... that seems to be when we end up not going... ha ha ha. I guess I will get to see your cute belly on Thursday... ttyl- Emma

Rick*Amber*Taryn*Bryant said...

I LOVE his room! It is so cute! Such a little cowboy room! Too bad Rick is not into the whole cowboy thing or I would steal some of your ideas!:) Do you think I could borrow your mom for a while? That is so amazing that she made some of those things! I can't wait to see the babies room!
I am so sorry you are sick! Sick and pregnant is not a good combo! Not much longer! I can't wait to see pictures of this new little girl!
Take care of yourself!

Shelby said...

I love his room!! It's crazy how much he Britt looks like Braden to me!! I hope you guys are doing well and my mom says HELLO!!

Sara said...

Hope you are feeling better really soon! I'mvglad your family wouldn't let you over do it and I can't wait to see more pictures of how everything turned out!

Rochelle said...

His room is so cute! I love the cowboy stuff! Good luck with the next 5 weeks- you are getting close!

Summers Family said...

I am so excited for your baby shower tomorrow! I can't wait to see your cute belly! Rachel's belly is getting so big when she eats she looks like a little buda! Anyway... have fun! See you tomorrow!

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Search & Win