Wednesday, May 14, 2008


Wow...how does 2 weeks fly by so dang fast??? I can't believe that Karlee is already 2 weeks old. Things are going pretty good. I am still adjusting to the lack of sleep. I thought that not sleeping very well in the last few weeks of my pregnancy was preparing me for waking up with a newborn. Boy was I wrong. She is going through this little spell of wanting to be awake during the early hours of 1:30 to about 3 every morning. I don't want to complain because other then that she sleeps really well. But dang its hard. She is growing so fast. She pretty much still eats all the time. I am having to learn to sit down and just chill and not worry about the laundry and dishes and all the housework and just enjoy the time with her and Britt. Britt is doing good. He is still adjusting, but is doing better. When Braden comes home Britt doesn't let him out of his sight. Which is nice, because it gives me a little break. They go outside and rope, ride and just hang out together. It is so cute to watch them. It is like watching Braden and his mini me. I am so thankful for these 2 children and their sweet little spirits. They are such a blessing to me. I love being a MOMMY.
Karlee chilling out in her bouncer
Britt trying to play doctor
Making sure Karlee is ok.....
I love my swing!!!
I love to eat my fingers...
Britt & Karlee all dressed up.
my sleeping beauty

Mother's Day was a great day. Braden was supposed to be gone roping in Los Cruses(spelling probably not right). But he was on call for work and couldn't get anyone to take the phone for him so he ended up staying home. It was nice to just chill and spend some family time together. I had to laugh...Braden is such a procrastinator when it comes to buying gifts. He usually waits until the last minute. Well this Mother's Day was no different. On Saturday night him and Britt took a trip to town together. Umm I wonder why Mom had to stay home?? Well when they came back Britt walked in the door and the first words out of his mouth where "Mommy we got you a surprise!!" I was like you got me a surprise?? He said yeah earrings!!! I started laughing and then Braden came in and was like what is so funny. I told him what Britt had said and he just shook his head. That is what he gets for being a procrastinator and taking his almost 3 year old son with him:) But they did buy me some really pretty earrings and a set of bracelets to match them. They are green. My favorite color:) I love my husband and my two kids. They make my life complete.

8 comments:

csrussell said...

Katie I can't believe how grown up Britt looks in the picture of him and Karlee. You have some dang cute kids!! lets get together some time let me know when you want to take Karlee out.

Standage Klan said...

Those pictures are really cute of Karlee and Britt! I love the last one is sepia tone of Karlee. Well just to update you Joshua would not stop crying for Britt for about another 10 minutes after I got off the phone with you. I really need to steal Britt one of these days and let him come down here and stay the night and let them have fun!

Rick*Amber*Taryn*Bryant said...

What cuties! I am so glad things are going well. I am worried about adjusting to a newborn again! It is no fun running on no sleep!
Your husband sounds a bit like mine! What funny guys. I guess we should be grateful they don't forget completely!
Take care!

Amy Allred said...

I love the back and white pic of the kids. They are so cute. I also LOVE the name Karlee. That is what we wanted to name Camm if he was a girl.

Anonymous said...

She is so cute. Congrats once again on your little one. Hope I can come see you guys soon
Crista

hancock crew said...

So dang cute!!! She has grown so much since her last pic's. It's amazing how big your 1st grows up when the 2nd comes so watch out. They learn to do everything for themselves because you are busy with the baby. Kinda sad, I know. Take care, can't wait to see her.

payneful life said...

I love the NEW background--so cute! Just like your little kids!! ;) I just love them to death! i don't know how you do it with 2 I can barely keep it together with 1!

Rochelle said...

Very cute pictures! She is adorable! It looks like her brother really likes her too!

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Search & Win