
I just feel like I need to post this. Awhile ago, I was blog hopping(I am constantly doing this) and came across this really cool blog. I had no clue who this lady was, but she had an awesome blog. She was soo positive about life and loved her family. It was so cute, she called her husband Mr. Nielson. How sweet!!! But she was just so inspirational and uplifting. So everynow and then I would look at her blog, just for some positive outlook on life. Then, again I was blog hopping and started seeing all of these Nie Recovery and Donate to Nie links. I didn't think anything of it and then one day I thought, I wanna see what this is. So I clicked on the link and it took me to a page that had a picture of the lady Stephanie who's blog I had seen and I thought oh my goodness. Then I read on about what had happened. This is what said(I copied it from the page)
About Nie
On Saturday, August 16, 2008, Stephanie Nielson was in a plane crash with her husband, Christian Nielson, and his flight instructor, Doug Kinnear, near St. Johns, Arizona. Doug Kinnear passed away soon after arriving at the Maricopa County Hospital.
Christian & Stephanie remain in critical condition at Maricopa Burn Center. Christian has sustained burns on over 30% of his body. His wife Stephanie’s body was burned over 80%.
For the past four years, Stephanie has welcomed us into her charming abode through the NieNie Dialogues. Far from being a product of creative editing, the Nielson’s don’t just shine through the selective lens of a blog. They are ingenuous examples of family devotion, eternal romance, and Christ centered faith. This site is dedicated to their welfare & recovery.
I was so sad for their little family, that I didn't even know. Then this morning I was watching the Today Show. Which I do every morning at 7. I walked out of the room to change Karlee and then came back in and they were talk about Stephanie and her Husband Christian, they then spoke to her siblings. They said they have had so much love and outpouring of support from people all over the world, that they don't even know, who like me have read her blog. How AWESOME. But, they have a long road to recovery and I am sure it won't be easy. So, I hope that we can all offer some kind of support...whether monitarily, they have already raised $400,000(I think that is what the news said) or with our prayers. I have included the link if anyone wants to check it out.




5 comments:
That is so sad! My cousin died in a plane crash, and a lady was burned like that, it was awful! I would like to try some of those sample you and Jen were telling me about, I have never heard of that, but whatever works!!!
The Today show did a segment on it. It was really uplifting to see how people pull together in times of need. Thanks for posting that.
I too have been looking at that blog lately. SO sad. I have been really thinking alot lately about how lucky I am to not have anything tragic happen to me like that.
Don't you just feel for their 4 sweet children? I cannot imagine
It is such a sad story! It actually happened about 5 miles from my parents house.
I love your new background! It is so cute! Could you do mine? Your kids are so adorable!
Post a Comment