Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas is in the AIR


I love this time of year. It is the best. I love all the lights, trees, the red and green everywhere and all the love and giving that goes on. I just wish it could last all year.

(Britt took this picture. It is a picture of his Nativity set, that lights up. You can see baby Jesus kinda glowing. It is pretty neat)

We decorated the tree last week and Britt had fun helping put up all decorations. He wanted to put 2 or 3 bulbs on one branch a couple of times, but once Braden told him to spread them out he did a good job. Karlee loves the tree, especially the bulbs. I bought some plastic ones to put on the bottom, so if she grabs them she won't break them. It makes her happy, since I don't go and grab it from her hand everytime she manages to sneak one off the tree!!





We started a new tradition this year, we have COWBOY HAT on the top of our tree instead of our normal bow. We had just finished putting the tree together and hadn't even started putting any decorations on it. Britt runs into the Living Room with his Cowboy Hat and says I wanna put it on top. At first I was like no, that is where my big bow goes. Then I thought ok, lets just let him put up and we will take it down once we get it all decorated. Once it was decorated and I looked at his cowboy hat up there, I decided it was going to stay. Everyone that has seen it so far has LOVED IT!!! So, I decided that it is going to be our new tree topper, Good Job Britt!!
I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas this year. I know that for some families it is going to be a little different. Some people have lost their jobs or have had to cut back with the loss of overtime or many other things. But, not matter what our circumstances we can all remember the true meaning of CHRISTMAS. It isn't about how many gifts we get or give. It is about our Savior and his birth. We are going really simple this year with our Christmas and are going to focus more on giving then recieving. I figure that if I can teach my kids what the reason for Christmas, that is better then any gift they could ever recieve. Yes, we are still going to give them presents but not a whole bunch. Because really does it matter if they have 7 or 30 presents to open?? Can you think back to when you were 3 or 7 or even 10 and remember every present you got?? No?? Me either. I can remember a few ones that stick out in my mind but that is it. So does it really matter how much we spend?? I think that is what this whole world needs is to get back to basics and quit being so dang greedy and think we need everything that everyone else has.
Ok, I am off my soap box, now!!! Love you all!!!

9 comments:

payneful life said...

Well you are just so festive this year. YOu did a great job soap boxing it. This Christmas is going to be better than all the rest for some reason perhaps it is because we DON'T have to stress over gifts just to give. That and we're going to VEGAS! Love your decor!

Standage Klan said...

I am glad what we decided on for our exchange this year. Thanks for writing this. It really makes you stop and think about what's important. Lovely soap box item! LOVE IT!

Reeds said...

Thanks Katie, I really needed to hear(or read) that! Merry Christmas!

Pearson Family said...

Soap Boxing? Umm...Right! uh...good post. Should be a lifetime story on tv.

Amy Allred said...

Go ahead and soap box dear!! There must be something in the air because I did the same today. We too are being simple this year. This world is turning into a scary place.

Summers Family said...

Love the tree... especially the hat on top! What elses would a roper do? Hope you're doing good... I guess I would know if we could end up at church the same week! LOL!!!

Andy and Michele said...

I love your blog! SO CUTE! Vegas, huh? That'll be a lot of fun. Although, I can't imagine going with kids! We walked so much, but that's what strollers are for, right? Dress warm, it's cold this time of year. Can't wait to hear how Braden does!

Jennifer said...

Yep I totally agree with you on the whole Christmas thing.. Ours will definatly have a whole different meaning this year. Thanks for the post..

Brittnie Roit said...

I love your topping to the Christmas tree!!! So cute! I love Christmas time. I can't believe it pretty much is just around the corner again. Where did 2008 go?!?!

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Search & Win