***Beware of the picture overload***
We started out Tuesday morning and made our way to Sin City. I was pleased at how well the kids traveled. They did amazingly well, for being stuck in the Truck for 8 1/2 hours.
Yep, I ended up in the backseat to entertain the kids.
We finally made it. Woohoo. What a relief.
The AWESOME HOTEL we stayed at and were the roping was held. Way cool. It was nice because if we wanted to we could stay in our room and still watch the roping. I did that a couple of time while Karlee was sleeping. It was nice.
We had such a fun time. Brandi and her family, Jaci and her family, my mom, dad & Les. We have such a blast when we all get together. Braden's parents, Scott and Carolynn came to Vegas too, to support Braden while he was roping. We were glad they did. I think they had a fun time.
Our crew watching the roping
Scott and Carolynn watching the roping

Mom and dad
Hi Miss KarKar
I didn't get any pictures of them roping. I was being superstitious about taking pictures and now I regret it. But o'well. I guess that me taking pictures wouldn't have made a difference...dang it.
Below are some random pictures from the trip.
Below are some random pictures from the trip.
Karlee chillin in her stroller

Britt being silly while eating dinner...like usual.
Karlee and Braeli..."nope they are not twins"...was often said the whole week.
Braeli chilling in her stroller

At the Mandalay Bay they have a Kids Finals Rodeo each day. Well when we found out about it they told us if the kids participated they would recieve a buckle. We told Britt and he was all excited. Then the next day was to hectic and crazy watching roping to make it over to be there on time. So, we had to put it off till the next day. Well, by then I had bribed Josh and Alyssa(yep, she wanted to do awesome girl) to ride the sheep to win a buckle. Then we bribed Bri and she was smart and said she would barrell race, instead of ride a sheep. Smart Girl.
At the Mandalay Bay they have a Kids Finals Rodeo each day. Well when we found out about it they told us if the kids participated they would recieve a buckle. We told Britt and he was all excited. Then the next day was to hectic and crazy watching roping to make it over to be there on time. So, we had to put it off till the next day. Well, by then I had bribed Josh and Alyssa(yep, she wanted to do awesome girl) to ride the sheep to win a buckle. Then we bribed Bri and she was smart and said she would barrell race, instead of ride a sheep. Smart Girl.
Britt was the first cowboy out of the chute. Braden was there too help him out. It was a pretty funny sight to see. Braden made sure that he didn't hit the ground too hard.


Then Josh was next. He was brave and held on really tight.
Then Josh was next. He was brave and held on really tight.
He wasn't to sure about it...after he fell off.

Then comes Alyssa. She held on for dear life. I swear she rode it for 8 seconds, that girl was not letting go!!!


Then comes Alyssa. She held on for dear life. I swear she rode it for 8 seconds, that girl was not letting go!!!
After it was all said and done, they didn't get buckles. They ended up with duffel bags and roper hats. yea that sucks. So, we had to go out and buy each of the kids a buckle. Since, they were all about in tears because they didn't get a buckle. But now they each have a little souveniour to remind them of their 1st time in a rodeo!!
We got tickets to the NFR for Thursday night.
We got tickets to the NFR for Thursday night.
It was a blast. Jaci, Bryce and Les went too.
It was so much fun. mom and dad kept all the kids for us while we went. 
This is what we came home too...thanks grandma and papa

This is what we came home too...thanks grandma and papa
The next evening was an eventful night. We went to check out the strip. After a few trips around the block to find a parking spot, getting in the wrong elevator to get into the hotel and a couple other mishaps we finally made it. We watched the water show at the Bellagio and the Volcano. It is so fun to see all the lights and see all the crazy people.
Britt was crashed in the stroller, so we, wait I mean ME!!! had to carry Karlee the whole time. Yeah, that was fun:)
Now to the whole the reason we went...
The Roping.
Braden roped great all week. He was entered with my dad and his Uncle Dennis. Braden and dad were too long to make it to the short go or win any money:( Braden and Dennis roped all 4 steers and had a pretty decent time, before the short go started on Saturday. But, after all was said and done they ended up 24th. They got their $2000 entry fee back, so that was nice. But it wasn't the $80,ooo!!! O'well. There is always next time right??
The rest of the time in Vegas we went bowling in the casino, hung out as a family, lost a little money gambling, and just lived it up with room service and everything!!!! I am sure there is tons of stuff that I missed. But remember "What happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas!!" It was such a blast and I will cherish these memories for a long time.
+125.jpg)



+098.jpg)





2 comments:
So fun! I love all of your post and Vegas sounds like so much fun! And your Christmas sounds like it was a blast! And his little saddle is adorable!
Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! I wasn't a big fan of Vegas... I probably would have been if we had actually done something other than go to the hotel and sleep! I love all the pictures too!
Post a Comment