I am sooo sick of being sick. I am really ready to start feeling like a normal human being again. I am just over 12 weeks and so hopefully I am on the downhill slide of it. I found a quote the other day that said "whoever said the sickness was only in the morning, was obviously a liar and a MAN!!" ha, ha. That is soo true. My sickness has been all day long.
It was really bad in the beginning and I could barely keep anything down. Then I got a prescription for Zofran and that helped with the nausea, but I started getting these horrible headaches. They say it is a side effect of the drug. So, I dealt with it. Now, the nausea has subsided a little and so I stopped taking the zofran to get rid of the headaches, but they are still here. Really bad ones too. It is getting OLD!! The only good thing I can say about this has been that I have lost about 11 pounds from being so sick. But, I will just be gaining it all back. O'well. The joys of being pregnant.
Ok, I know it probably sounds like I don't want to be pregnant, I do. It is just taking some getting used to. I was not really ready for another one, but I guess God had other things in mind. I was fine with 2 kids and really thought we were done. So when we found out I was pregnant, it was a HUGE shock! It took me awhile to come to terms with it. I feel blessed to be pregnant, with everything that I have went through before, but it is still hard sometimes. Britt is really excited and goes back and forth from a sister to a brother.
We are debating whether or not to find out what the baby is. We have one of each and I think it would be kinda neat to wait till I have it to see what it is. But, at the same time I want to be prepared and have things ready. Since, I will have to redo either of the rooms either way to make room for the baby. So, it is a toss up. We will see.
Braden has been such a big help. I feel so bad, because he comes home most days and I look like Hell, as does the house. He hasn't complained one time about anything. He has folded more laundry and washed more dishes these past weeks then he has in our whole 7 years of marriage. I really appreciate him and his support.
The other night as we were laying in bed I told Braden, that this is definatly our last one and he quickly agreed. He said if we had any more one of us would have to move out!! I was like why. HE said because he didn't know if he could live with the both of me again!!! I was like WHAT!!! I have split personalities or what?? I started laughing, because I knew that I have been a little hormonal or witchy with a "B". One minute I am fine and then if he looks at me the next minute I bite his head off. Poor Guy!! So I am hoping for the other one of me to go away soon......very soon:)




12 comments:
Katie, I'm sorry you're so sick! I agree with you, being pregnant is ICKY, though it's wonderful to have a new member of the family. It does seem to be a little harder when you don't feel prepared for it. I remember with Jaina I was SOO sick and I couldn't even take care of my little 7 month old boy and I thought someone was crazy for planning this for us! I hope you feel better soon though, and I'm glad Braden is being such a huge help. What would we do without wonderful husbands?
congrats Katie!
Katie- try 1/2 tab of unisom and a vitamin B-6. I was sick with all of mine and this was amazing to deal with the sickness. Give it a try if you want. The unisom is a sleeping pill so I would take it at night and when I woke up I was amazed that I could function.
Heidi Bryce
I totally understand i was the same this time around, and now i wish i could be puking instead of having the aches and pains! Its funny that we continue to put ourselves through it, but i keep telling myself its all worth it. I love having a baby moving around and kicking you but the other stuff isn't so fun. This to shall pass.....and then you will be posting about getting pooped all over lol! Good luck and i am really excited for you!
oh ya i would love for you to tell me how you made your header? what program you use?
Oh, Katie that's so not fun! Thank goodness for such caring hubbys. I'm jealous of the 11 lbs you've lost! Now that I have a boy we'll let the next one be a surprise. I'm excited for that, I think it'll be fun not knowing. But it will probably drive me crazy too.:)
Haha...your crazy! I needed a good laugh today, so thank you for that. And I need some Katie time too! I sure hope your headaches go away soon. I'd rather throw up that have a head ache. Let me know when you get home from Flag.
xoxo-PJ
Congratulations! I hated being pregnant with all the morning sickness so I feel for you. I hope that you get to feeling better now!
OOHHH I totally know where you are coming from. I am well out of the first trimester and I still get sick. It's not going away completely, but it is getting better! Good grief! :0) I think it would be exciting to wait, but I know where you are coming from with getting the room all set up. I couldn't imagine doing that after the baby came, esp with 2 other kids! :0) I hope you start feeling well soon!!!
Sorry, Katie, I just saw your comment on my scrapbooking blog. I use Adobe Photoshop, but I hear that Photoshop Elements works really well, and it's much more reasonable at like $60-75... :)
I feel for you girl! With Kyra I was so sick all day and all night!!! It was awful! Maybe it's a third child syndrome. I hope that you feel better and normal again soon! Just remember it's totally worth it!!! You have the cutest kiddos!
Can you pls explain me what is called morning sickness?
How to make a website
Post a Comment